Tuesday, June 14, 2011

First Shocker

i got up extra early today. partly because i didn't get an ounce of sleep. well, maybe i did. does an hour or two equate to an ounce? someone should write a dissertation on  that. how much sleep does an "ounce" really mean? probably include a "wink" as in "forty winks" while you're at it.

by the way, i finally chose my medical school. i chose the one i felt would serve my ambitions best. it's outside davao. i expect a little culture shock here. my job's to make it at least a bit more tolerable.

my registration card said i should be in school at around 8am. since my habitat is only a 5 or 10-minute walk, i can afford myself the one thing that most people in this city lacks; waking up an hour before class starts. Cheers for me!

8am en punto. i was there but unfornately, nobody else was. looked around and saw the announcement (which i sorta missed for some reason. possible the blinder effect? i made that term up, btw). supposed to go to the orientation room somewhere.

school's a maze. when i finally got there, it was very cool. literally. probably the coldest place i've visited my whole life. it's even colder than the SD building of san pedro college. the cold would've given me more than shivers had it not been for the one thing i didn't expect to happen.. a mass.


what the?! this is the first time in my life i've ever gone to an orientation started with a mass. though this is a private, and catholic school, i'd expect something like this to happen more plausibly within uste.

what do you think? should school orientation programs begin with a mass?


1 comment:

  1. a prayer will do, just to be fair for those non-catholic freshmen *wink*

    ReplyDelete

Arrogance

how can some people be so arrogant? i have been dwelling on this question for the past few days. a few weeks ago, i was driving in obrero. t...