Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My Father Speaks

since i moved to Manila a few years ago, it would naturally be my thing to think about my family more often. yes, my family may not be whole anymore but still, there are reasons to still not cringe about it.

growing up being focused in school, i somewhat had little time to bond with my father. but i did manage to round up a few things he told me which really stuck.

during one of our rare father-and-son drinking sessions, i always did ask him why some people were what they were. "anong ibig sabihin mo?", he said.

in all fairness, i did love this game (PS3, "bully" by Rockstar Games)

i asked him how come some people have a tendency to bully others. and when the bullied fight back, they end up the ones being branded "masama".

now, my dad, who is not only trained in law, has a master's in business administraion, but also happens to be a CSP (or, certified security professional as well), would have some good ideas.

"ganyan talaga.", he said. "uunahan ka nila. tapos kapag lumaban ka, sila pa ang magagalit."

so what do you make of that, dad?

"you know what that's called?"

i shrugged and had a smug.

"stupidity."

he has a point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arrogance

how can some people be so arrogant? i have been dwelling on this question for the past few days. a few weeks ago, i was driving in obrero. t...